For your creative Designs
Washi tape is the king of the DIY world. It’s used to jazz up everything from personal journals to picture frames. But you may be wondering: What is washi tape? It’s an easy-to-use, decorative paper tape with endless possibilities for crafting. If that description makes you want to run out and buy a bunch of rolls of washi tape, then we’re on the same page! Keep reading for some fun ways to make use of your new stash.
What is Washi Tape?
Washi tape is a Japanese craft tape that has become very popular in the United States. It’s made of paper, and comes in a variety of colors and designs. You can use washi tape to decorate almost anything: notebooks, journals, gift bags, wrapping paper—the list goes on!
Washi Tape Uses and DIY Projects
- Use washi tape to decorate your journal.
- Use washi tape to create a colour code.
- Use washi tape to create a design.
- Use washi tape to create a bookmark.
- Use washi tape to create a gift tag or gift wrap.
You can use washi tape to personalise your journal
Washi tape is a great way to personalise your planner, journal or pencil case. You can even use it to decorate your phone case!
- Journal: Use washi tape to decorate the front cover of your journal. This will make it look really unique and pretty.
- Planner: You can also use washi tape on the inside of your planner as well as the cover. For example, you could have ‘Happy Birthday’ written on one side of each page in different colours and patterns of washi tape!
- Pencil Case: If you have a pencil case or makeup bag that doesn’t have any designs on it, try decorating it with some colourful patterns using washi tape (see picture below). This will help personalise the item and make it unique just like yours!
We hope that you’ve found this article helpful in explaining what washi tape is and how to use it. If you want to give Washi tape a try, we recommend that you start with a smaller roll so that you don’t have too much of the stuff left over if it turns out not to be for you. Once you’ve gotten started on your new hobby though, we think it’ll become clear just why people love this stuff so much!